Sunday, May 16, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Blogging 2 days in a row! Can you believe it? Today was my first official day of summer and it was just how summer should be. I met 2 of my girlfriends at the mall for a little lunch and some shopping. These girls are the 2 people I kept in touch with most from high school, even though one goes to Clemson. (I forgave her though!) All 3 of us have totally different personalities, but we always manage to have a GREAT time together. Kinda reminds me of the girls on Sex and the City. Even though Carrie, Charlotte, Samanta, and Miranda are all drastically different, they're best girlfriends. These girls are the 2 that I know I can tell anything that they won't judge me and offer the best advice, even if it is what I don't wanna hear ;)
I recently found this body wash that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have recently found some Philosophy products at the two TJ Maxx's near me and immediately scooped them up. I have heard of Philosophy over the years but there's nowhere near me that sells the products. I have tried 4 separate products, including this body wash, and all 4 are really great products. Its rare for me to find a company that I can't really complain about. Alot of times I find that products will initially work for me then stop all of a sudden. But so far these items have been great. I plan on doing a separate post on the other 3 products, since they're from their skincare line, but I just had to tell yall about this body wash.
I have recently become obsessed with Law and Order: SVU. Like COMPLETELY obsessed! I always liked the show and would sit and watch it if it happened to be on, but all of a sudden I love this program! My favorite part of the show has to be the personal lives/feelings of the main characters, mainly Elliot & Olivia (who WILL get together before the show ends! lol). But anyways, the reason I mention that is because that is what led me to buying this shower gel. When I was learning more about the show and the actors, I found out that Mariska Hargitay, who plays Detective Benson on SVU, started a charity called Joyful Heart. Joyful Heart helps victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse. So when I found out that in partnership with Philosophy Joyful Heart created a shower gel and lotion, I couldn't wait to purchase it, especially since 100% of the proceeds go towards the cause.
Like I said I have nowhere near me that sells Philosophy, so I was just hoping and praying I liked the scent. I figured even if I didn't like it, the money I spent would go towards something good. But guys, I LOVE the scent of this stuff! The website described it as having a light, floral peony scent, and I couldn't describe it better. It smells really strong out of the bottle, but doesn't linger much on the skin. The gel is SUPER creamy, and makes the greatest lather without having to use a ton of product. Overall, I LOVE this product! Its more than I usually spend on shower gel at $20, but its a pretty big bottle. I kinda regret not ordering the lotion at the same time so I could build the scent, but hey there's always next time :)
Hope everyone is having a good week. Its almost the weekend!! :) Tomorrow I have a hair appointment, and I know I'm getting at least an inch cut off. I keep finding split ends just a week or two after my haircuts, so I figured an inch would get a good bit of the grossness off. I'm kinda in the mood to go for a totally new, shorter style, but I'm nervous! I'm gonna try to find some pictures online of hairstyles that I like, but I'll probably just end up trimming the inch and redo-ing my layers. There's always next month!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Hey everyone! As of right now I am OFFICIALLY on summer break! This is the first summer since I got into college that I won't be taking any classes, so I'll just be working and RELAXING!
As far as the previous post, this past semester is probably going to be my worst one yet, grade-wise. It's kinda pathetic considering the classes that I was taking, but talking with a friend of mine made me realize that everything will work out how its supposed to. If I'm meant to get into pharmacy school, it'll happen. If I'm meant to graduate with a B.S. in Biology, I am confident that I will be able to find a career or a further speciality that I will love. This is all in a process to learn that there are some things that I won't be able to control once they are outta my hands.
On a lighter note! I found this tag that Emily posted over at From the Land of Cotton and thought it would be a good way to kick off my summer of blogging.
8 TV Shows I Like to Watch
1. Law and Order: SVU
2. Say Yes to the Dress
3. Real Housewives (any season, but esp. NJ)
4. The Biggest Loser
5. Project Runway
7. Chelsea Lately
8. Days of our Lives
8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink
3. Wild Wings
6. Chick fil A
8. California Dreaming
8 Things I Look Forward To
1. a relaxing summer
2. Jenna's wedding
3. family summer vacation
4. getting outta school
5. discovering my dream career
6. 21st birthday!!!
7. CAROLINA FOOTBALL!
8. Sex and the City 2 movie
8 Things that Happened to me Yesterday
1. woke up later than I should have
2. studied for my history final
3. forgot it was tuesday & was happy to find an SVU marathon
4. made a junk food/haircare run to walmart
5. put off aforementioned studying till midnight
6. got super stressed out with life and had a friend calm me down
7. realized how much I love living by myself
8. found out I have a slight addiction to chips and queso sauce
8 Things I like about Winter
2. a month off of school
3. bundling up in cute layers
5. resurrecting my North Face jacket
6. when we get snow here the whole state shuts down
7. bigtime SEC games && bowl games
8 Things I am Passionate About
2. my family
3. good friendships
4. good customer service
5. people actually learning how to drive
6. learning&living God's great plan for my life
7. L&O:SVU (newfound obsession!)
8. making every moment a good time
8 Words or Phrases I Use Often
2. I do not!
3. just kidding
4. o my word!
5. "just a baby!" (to my puppy)
6. how precious
7. go cocks! (esp. during football season)
8. i love it
8 Things I Have Learned from the Past
1. true friends really are hard to find
2. college is SO much better than high school
3. don't lose a friendship over something petty
4. things really do happen for a reason
5. don't sweat the small stuff *still learning*
6. cherish every moment with your loved ones. Never know how much time is left
7. be thankful for what you have.
8. brunettes really do have more fun :)
8 Places I Would Like to Visit/See
1. London (Wimbledon)
4. NYC (already been but love to go again!)
8 Things I Currently Want/Need
1. halfway decent grades in my classes!
2. GET INTO PHARMACY SCHOOL
3. a new haircut (still want it long but just something different)
4. lose the weight I gained back this school year
5. couple everyday summer dresses
6. black Tory Burch revas
7. couple weekend trips to the beach this summer
8. continue learning to love the life I live!!!
I tag anyone who wants to do this tag! It actually made me think for a couple categories!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Just when I think that life may be slowing down and reaching a calm....
...life laughs at me for being so silly and slaps me in the face.
**sorry for 2 downer posts in a row, hopefully things will be looking up soon and i can be back to my regularly scheduled (hah) blogging.