Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September Birchbox

As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, when I heard about Birchbox I thought it was a FABULOUS idea! If you haven't heard of it, Birchbox is a $10 monthly subscription service where each month you receive a box of beauty goodies, and more often then not your box retail value exceeds your $10 purchase price. 

I began subscribing to Birchbox a couple months ago after watching so many Youtube videos and being jealous of all the awesome samples everyone was getting. It's a great way expose yourself to new brands and products of skincare, makeup, haircare, and other fun things.

So without further adieu, here is what I received in this month's box. 

Here is how the box typically looks every month


Each box also comes with a card with a note from the Birchbox girls as well as a list of the all the products your box contains.

Box contents 
**things were packaged a little neater, but I took a sneak peak before this photo!**

*not sure why this pic flipped??*


Incoco Nail Polish Applique
Description on info card: We all have a wild side. Eye-catching nail strips are the latest trends - try them on your fingers or toes.
Size I received: 12 strips
Full size: 16 strips for $7.99
Retail value: $5.99

Initial Thoughts: Every month I get on Birchbox's facebook page and *somewhat stalk* what people have already gotten in their boxes, so I knew these were coming. People who had already received their boxes had gotten zebra and weird leopard color patterns, so I wasn't looking forward to these. But when I saw that I had gotten blue glitter ones, I was thrilled! I have had a slight obsession with glitter nail polish recently, so I am much more inclined to try these out!

*again apologize for the wonky photo*

Jouer Lip Enhancer
Description on info card: Why settle for plain 'ol lip balm when you can hydrate, plump, and condition all in one go? Right, we thought so.
Size I received: 0.07 fluid ounces
Full size: $14 for 0.33 fluid ounces
Retail value: $2.97

Initial Thoughts: I am OBSESSED with Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm (@ Sephora) so I'm not really in the market for a new lip balm. However, I have only used this once and like it as well! I only used the Jack Black lip balm at night because it is rather thick. This once is lighter and smoother and could potentially be a go-to lip balm for the day. And you only need the tiniest bit!


LIV GRN Earth Eau de Parfum
Description on info card: Made from sustainable ingredients, this sultry scent is laced with jasmine and sandalwood. Plus, ten percent of sales go directly to Global Green, an environmental non-profit.
Size I received: No sized listed, but I compared it to a typically perfume sample which is 1.5 ml or 0.05 fluid ounces
Full size: 3.4 fluid ounces for $60
Retail value: $0.88

Initial Thoughts: Is it weird to say that this smells like a green perfume? My initial reaction is that it smells kinda soapy and not a scent that I would naturally gravitate towards. 


Pangea Organics Facial Cream for Normal to Combination Skin
Description on info card: An all-natural moisturizer, with antioxidant-rich grape extracts and essential oils, keeps skin both hydrated and shine-free.
Size I received: 1.0 fluid ounces
Full size: 2.0 fluid ounces for $36
Retail value: $18.00

Initial Thoughts: I got so excited when I saw this in my box! I am a big skincare junkie and am always looking for the next best thing to get rid of acne and help cleanse my skin. Surprisingly I've never tried any natural skincare, so I am very excited to see how this works. I have heard a lot of good things about the Pangea brand, so hopefully I will have luck with this. And this is a VERY generous sample size!


Treat: Birchbox Friendship Bracelet
Retail value: unknown

Thoughts: While it is a nice gesture, I highly doubt I will actually wear this bracelet. Someone said it reminded them of a kabbalah bracelet, and now thats all I can think of when I look at it. Nevertheless, it is nice that the girls at Birchbox thought of us on their birthday :)




Total Box Value: $27.84!

Are you subscribed to Birchbox?? If so what did you get in your box this month??

Please let me know if you liked this post. Hopefully I'll get around to posting my Birchbox every month!

**I purchased my Birchbox subscription with my own money. I was not "gifted" anything and not compensated for my opinion.**

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...