Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project 10 Pan

Hey yall! Over the past year I have become a HUGE beauty junkie, as you can see by the more frequent beauty posts and reviews! How big of a junkie you may ask? Well, in between June and December 2010, I spent enough JUST AT SEPHORA to qualify to be a VIB, or Very Important Beauty Insider. Goodness only knows how much more I spent at other places! ANYWAYS, the point of this post was to introduce

Project 10 Pan!!
I figured I would jot this post down to explain project 10 pan, mention the items I am going to include, and invite anyone else along that would like to join with me!! Pretty much what this is a way to get rid of some products that are in your too-large collection. For me, not only do I have a ton of makeup products now, I have also managed to accumulate a large collection of hair products that take up pretty much my entire cabinet in my bathroom. So, the basic premise of this is to downsize.
My goal throughout this project is to use up completely 10 items in my collection. This is going to include makeup items (concealer, blush, mascara etc), facial items (cleanser, spot treatment etc), haircare (shampoo, conditioner, mousse etc), "body"care (lotion, bodywash, lip balm etc) and basically anything else I end up using that is deemed fit.

So I put a tab at the top of my blog to keep track of my progess. Instead of making separate posts for each item I use up, I figured it would be easier for me to be able to keep track of and easier for you guys to find instead of giong through all my posts (not there are that many haha) looking for what I've used up. As I finished each item I will be posting a picture, how long it took, and my thoughts on the product.

So.....I figured I would get interactive with this and invite yall to come along on project 10 plan! If you would like to participate, simply leave a comment and under the P10P tab I will put a link to your blog. This way we can all see what were using and that our money wasn't ill-spent!

O...one more thing....during P10P I am promising myself that I will NOT purchase any new beauty products until I use up at least 10 items! Its gonna be SUPER hard, but the whole point of this is to save money and use stuff up you already have!!

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be hard, but...I'm in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently on a project 10 pan! I started January 1st as part of my new year's resolutions! But I put my owns twist on it---it's Project MINI 10 Pan, so I'm using travel sizes, deluxe samples sizes, and trial sizes because I have so, so, so many and they clutter up my make-up storage. It won't take as long as a real P10P but maybe when I'm done I'll feel inspired to embark on one! ;)

    Please check out my blog!
    http://chelsealauren17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up! I try to do this all the time, but fail miserably. Do things that are already 1/2 empty count?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...