Thursday, June 14, 2012

Glossy Box USA

Hello lovies! Today's post is going to be about one of the big trends in the beauty/makeup world today...beauty boxes!! If you haven't heard of these (ex. Birchbox, Sample Society etc), basically you pay a monthly subscription fee and in return you receive a box filled with deluxe size beauty samples. Some boxes even contain a full size product! I am currently subscribed to two beauty boxes, and today I am VERY excited to talk about the first Glossy Box out in the USA!



Glossy Box is unique in the fact that it provides beauty box services to over 19 countries, and the USA is the newest one! I for one was so excited about GB come state-side. I am an avid beauty video watcher on youtube (post coming up on my favorite youtube beauty girls) and have watched "unboxing" videos from girls in the UK and have been in awe of how great these boxes were! At the time I was a subscriber to Birchbox, and having received boxes from both companies, I am much more impressed with Glossy Box. Even though GB is at a higher price point than most boxes at $21/month, I fully believe in the notion that you get what you pay for. The quality of the packaging alone is much higher than what I received from Birchbox.

**sidenote: I also subscribe to BeautyBar.com's Sample Society, which is a $15/month service. I've been a subscriber of theirs since March when the first box was sent out, and have been pleased with them as well. If you would like a review of their services and pictures of the boxes I've been sent, let me know and I can do a separate post! **






So without further adieu, here is what I received in the first USA Glossy Box, which had a "beauty around the world theme". I also included a breakdown of what each sample is worth (I always like to do this with these beauty boxes...gotta make sure my money is being well spent!)


  • AMORE PACIFIC Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel (South Korea)
A hydrating gel moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling bright and refreshed. Notice your complexing visibly improve, giving you confidence and a natural glow.

Full size: 1.7 oz for $100
Sample: 0.27 oz = $15.88


  • BURBERRY BEAUTY Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Copper No.202 (UK)
A creamy lipstick that offers a hint of natural, sheer color leaving your lips moist and dewy. The perfect present for for the perfect pout.

Full size: 0.12 oz for $30
Sample: 0.028 oz = 7.00

** you can't really tell in this picture but the top of the packaging has the Burberry check print embossed on it! So does the actual product inside! Little details like these make all the difference**


  • MARVIS Marvis Whitening (Italy)
Make the most of your splendid smile with a whitening toothpaste dripping in cool mint freshness, all while protecting against decay, tartar, and plaque.

Full size: 1.23 oz for $7.50
Sample: 1.23 oz = $7.40 *FULL SIZE!*


  • PHYTO Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair (France)
Indulge in luxury and aroma with a conditioning treatment that moisturizes and detangles strands without weighing hair down. Nourish, revive, and delight.

Full size: 6.7 oz for $38
Sample: 1.7 oz = $9.64


  • ZOYA Summer 2012 - Beach and Surf Collection (USA)
Dive into the creamy shades and shimmering sea foils of the Zoya Beach & Surf Collection. Allow your nails to go on vacation every day.

Full size: 0.5 oz for $8
Sample: 0.5 oz = $8 *FULL SIZE!*


  • BONUS: Glossy Box brush made with goat hair
It's not the best quality brush I've ever felt, but it's definitely a nice addition to my relatively small collection and one I will definitely use. 

Total value of box = $48.02


Overall I am impressed with the first Glossy Box. I have heard of or am at least familiar with all the brands except for one, and that alone makes me more prone to immediately add these products to my routine and test them out. I'm most excited to try out the Burberry lipstick and Phyto hair mask. While I normally wouldn't be too pleased with receiving an overpriced toothpaste (I mean seriously who's gonna pay $7.50 for that small little tube?), it's the perfect size for my vacation at the end of the month. 

Are you planning to or already subscribed to Glossy Box? Any other beauty boxes catching your eye? Let me know what you think and if you like these types of posts! Hope yall are doing fabulous!!

xoxo
Natalie

DISCLAIMER: I was not paid or compensated at all for this review. I paid (and will continue to pay) for my subscription to Glossy Box. They have no idea I am doing this review and all opinions are my own! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...